Weblock allows you to block online content. It can block ads (banners and popups in other apps and websites), stats and user tracking, scripts or images. It also allows you to block specific websites, like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, social widgets from websites or get rid of annoying Tapatalk popups. You can even define your own content filters. Using Weblock you can block basically any network resource!
Weblock has a constantly growing and updated list of predefined filters for you to choose from. It also enables you to create your own filters. Unlike other content filtering products, Weblock DOES NOT act as a proxy server or subscription based VPN for all your traffic, so your connection stays direct, fast and private! Content filtering takes place right on your device.
Weblock will work on any Wi-Fi enabled iOS device, including iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Due to system limitations, Weblock can work only while you are connected to Wi-Fi network. Cellular connections (GPRS/EDGE/3G/LTE) are currently not supported.
Here are some situations in which Weblock might come in handy:
• Block annoying ads (text ads, video ads, banner adns and popups) in almost every app you use! Weblock is much more than just another web browser app and content blocking plugin. It affects all apps on your iOS.
• Disable majority of ads on websites you visit on your iOS device! Weblock supports all major web browsers: Safari, Chrome, Mercury and others (browsers redirecting web traffic through third party servers like Puffin Browser or Opera Mini may not be supported).
• Easily remove all native Facebook widgets and plugins (Like buttons, comments, etc.) on sites you visit - simply disable Facebook plugins in Weblock! Do the same thing for Twitter, Google+ and many others.
• Block annoying Tapatalk popups, nagging you to download forum browsing app on every visit.
• Take control of someone else's device - you can preconfigure any iOS device to control it with your Weblock app. Block or redirect any content, any time, directly from your own device.
• Your predefined filters and custom rules can be synced between all your iOS devices using iCloud.
• If you wish to block something else, you can create your own rules and filters. You can block any URL (with regular expressions), domain or IP address. Don't know how? Let us know - we're here for you.
• You can also use Weblock's redirect feature to emulate '/etc/hosts' entries for HTTP and HTTPS traffic. This might be useful for web and app developers to pin domains to different IP addresses.